Author Topic: About Server  (Read 2525 times)

Edvin_Beganovic

About Server
« on: August 29, 2018, 03:23:48 AM »
So today i wanted to make some questions to the persons out there in this forum,mainly admins and players opinions aswell.I will might aswell try to answer some of these,and i will also take a note to some things that i dont quite understand being an admin on XGS.Without further to do let's get started.

Question:Inactive admins and VIPs? (Both question and my opinion)
I know the fact that in recent weeks some admins got demoted,and i think that is a good decision,but it was hard not to notice that some actually got their ranks back.Question opens by itself.How does this/those admin/s got their ranks back by only being active on forum or skype.This is not really clear to me,Why?,Well how can admins ban from skype or forum.I know those admins had very important role for XGS in these 4 years of existance,they been here while the server is rising,they been here whilst the server was in its full glory.I do respect that a lot.The question opens again.How could that admin be treated with holding its rank for so long but new admins or active admins still get their low ranks? By this i don't mean on myself only,or Tobi for example,i mean on all of us pretty much.Those admins (talking about skype and forum admins,so to call) make approx.1 ban in 3 months,or none.But they still get treated like ones who make approx. 15 bans a WEEK.Big difference isnt it?So i'd like to get if it's possible better answer to this particular question.
Now let me talk about VIPs (In this question/answer i wont talk about relatively active VIPs).
As much as admins are the first important thing on server,VIPs are also part of the team.And there is no way to ''hide their inactivity under the pillow''.I follow some of the VIPs on social medias and i can see that they don't really care about anything connected to server due to better games or something like that (since all of our VIPs are younger than 15).But when they come back they are still fancy being an VIP?Think about this one.

Question:Server bugs and things like that
I know that Rain is trying his best on improving the server.But there are quite a few bugs that kind of irritate most of the,how should i call them,active players.Im also concern that Rain is unable to fix them all by himself,but that's just another thing i can add to the question mark list.Why does Rain has to do all the server job himself,now this is more about R-CON admins?
Server features that don't work whatsoever are also a problem,clan feature is the biggest one all commands in the clan feature don't work although i pinpointed at this one while ago nothing changed tho.The clan chat doesn't work,clan promotions doesn't work,even sometimes clan invitation doesn't work,and the clan MOTD doesn't work either.
The notorious NEONS,this feature was always a big question,half of the server likes it half dont,but lets be honest this command needs a fix also,they spawn on every single vehicle on server.At least to make them removable from the house cars would be good.I had an conversation about this with Rain and he claimed its kind of impossible to delete the remove neons problem.But if the feature doesn't work properly why not to remove it completely?I will still mention that Rain can't do it all but these are the things that need some improvement.There was another one which i don't see that quite often anymore and that is house cars duplicate or simply dissapear.Houses knew to vanish also themselves.

Suggestion:For the next ''admin appeal''
I noticed something when the last admin appeals were opened it's the fact that inactive admins give opinions on the appliers in game behaviour and activity etc.While they themselves were never in game when those players were playing.The suggestion is ''Admins that haven't seen an applier in game at least 10 times can't make the rating/or opinion on the admin appeal''.There is going to be a big argue about this one.But XGS can't live on history and needs some changes,big changes.

Question/Answer:How to potentially wake up the server?
So,we all notice that server is not attracting many new players,although there was some jumps in the amount of players joining for example:3 days ago:22 players,2 days ago:23 players,1 day ago:22 players.But that is not much for the servers capacity.How about us all find a way to adveristment server a bit more and try to attract more players here.Adveristment is expensive but there are facebook pages for example on which are hundreds of players looking for some good server which is XGS,there is simply something special about XGS,and that kind of ads are absolutely FREE.This way i think we can grow many more players,not only to promote server on the English facebook groups and pages,but on Balkanese,Indonesian whatever country it is.Since our community has all kind and shapes of nationalities.Lets make a move,make a change!
MAKE   XGS   GREAT  AGAIN!!!
Thanks for reading and stay cheeki breeki!
[/size]Gopnik the Slav Superstar!

Offline Nikolaz

• Crazy Man In A Crazy World
  • In-Game Name: iTrenqium
Re: About Server
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:19:19 AM »
I will promote server on facebook and instagram,anyone also will?

-Regards
Nikolaz

Luke_Diesel

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:45:00 AM »
i will promote this server on instagram and all social media i have.... ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:47:13 AM by Luke_Diesel »

Offline GTAszaki

• In-Game Name: GTAszaki
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 08:53:37 AM »
A well made e-marketing for the server would be useful too, like post funny memes on the facebook page everyday about gaming, life etc . Of course with the xgs watermark on it.

Offline ShenaniGangs82

• Head-Admin
  • In-Game Name: ShenaniGangs82
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »
i can agree with this, i think that the admins (inactive one's) needs to have a remade, to find other players that are acitve and make them admins, to delete the old one's, i mean  there are some people that are very inactive and they hvn't informed us why / when, and stuff like that, it's fully agreed Gopnik, but even tho there are people that coming and going now and then, but they are not an admin if they "in matter of fact" don't care.... by just joinin and saying "Hi" it's not an admins duty, to be an admin you have to be active, and not being gone for months and then just checking in, and leaves after 15 minutes, and yes i've seen "some" doing that  now i won't mention any names but yeah it's not right
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 01:36:33 PM by ShenaniGangs82 »

Edvin_Beganovic

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
i can agree with this, i think that the admins (inactive one's) needs to have a remade, to find other players that are acitve and make them admins, to delete the old one's, i mean  there are some people that are very inactive and they hvn't informed us why / when, and stuff like that, it's fully agreed Gopnik, but even tho there are people that coming and going now and then, but they are not an admin if they "in matter of fact" don't care.... by just joinin and saying "Hi" it's not an admins duty, to be an admin you have to be active, and not being gone for months and then just checking in, and leaves after 15 minutes, and yes i've seen "some" doing that  now i won't mention any names but yeah it's not right
Mention them freely,its open talk now! ;)

Offline Rain

• Administrator
  • Server owner
  • In-Game Name: Rain
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »
Question:Inactive admins and VIPs? (Both question and my opinion)
This is a hard thing because, I have never typed on admin application board about that what you said.. but usually they doesn't make 1 ban in 3 months, they are just inactive until they gets demoted.

And about VIPs, it would help a lot if you told the names of them who are doing that. + As you said, this is open talk, so tell their names.

Question:Server bugs and things like that
there are quite a few bugs that kind of irritate most of the,how should i call them,active players.
Lately, I haven't seen them complaining about that. And those bugs are harmless in the end. But as I told you, I will try once more to fix that neon thing.

Why does Rain has to do all the server job himself,now this is more about R-CON admins?
R-CON admins doesn't have access to the server files. My principle is that only co-owner and maybe head-admins can have access to some of them. Of course i can send something to someone and they can try to fix it, but I don't demand anyone to learn scripting.

Server features that don't work whatsoever are also a problem,clan feature is the biggest one all commands in the clan feature don't work although i pinpointed at this one while ago nothing changed tho.The clan chat doesn't work,clan promotions doesn't work,even sometimes clan invitation doesn't work,and the clan MOTD doesn't work either.
I never knew that they doesn't work except that the clan chat doesn't work sometimes(?). And what I have seen, so they worked normally.

Suggestion:For the next ''admin appeal''
I noticed something when the last admin appeals were opened it's the fact that inactive admins give opinions on the appliers in game behaviour and activity etc.While they themselves were never in game when those players were playing.The suggestion is ''Admins that haven't seen an applier in game at least 10 times can't make the rating/or opinion on the admin appeal''.There is going to be a big argue about this one.But XGS can't live on history and needs some changes,big changes.
You mean that they wouldn't be allowed to vote on their admin applications?
(And P.S: its not "admin appeal", but "admin application").

Question/Answer:How to potentially wake up the server?
How about us all find a way to adveristment server a bit more and try to attract more players here.Adveristment is expensive but there are facebook pages for example on which are hundreds of players looking for some good server which is XGS,there is simply something special about XGS,and that kind of ads are absolutely FREE.This way i think we can grow many more players,not only to promote server on the English facebook groups and pages,but on Balkanese,Indonesian whatever country it is.Since our community has all kind and shapes of nationalities.Lets make a move,make a change!
Yeah good idea. I won't advertise tho, because you know that I hate social medias like facebook etc.

Also I want to thank everyone who is advertising, it might help the server. I appreciate it.

A well made e-marketing for the server would be useful too, like post funny memes on the facebook page everyday about gaming, life etc . Of course with the xgs watermark on it.
Pony can do that, I guess?

Yeah, exactly. And yes, mention them freely, its open talk now, as gopnik said.

Even if I got someone to armpit, I knew still, I am alone
I lost that beautiful flower and never got back
For me give your body
From front of me shed your blood
Infinite conditions I said
Alone to death I froze

HDZ

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 11:08:35 AM »
I'll lay out a basic logical perspective here considering the fact that i already left the community long ago. Let's be honest with our selves just this time. I can't speak for others, but if I notice something that doesn't seem right, I won't hesitate to bring it up, no matter the source. Speaking truth to power is sort of my specialty.

Inactive administrators and VIP's uhm, okey.. It really depends on the time zone you join in into the game, admins most of the times are only unavailable because of their time zones, leaving that aside, we all have other responsibilities to take care of too, no one would be 24/7 free to be here when someone is in need. Also, since we all don't share the same time zone there will always be atleast one in-game or in IRC, and that is always my case whenever I needed an admin for something urgent, eventually someone is always there. As this has been stated above in the posts that admins have life's to like everybody else of course. Even if you currently talking about their activity and all but still inactive ones must be kicked out and management must give a chance to the ones who have proven themselves. 

But of course, I must agree with you because this is a disaster and even the management can't handle this. I've never even understood the point of the giving a 'FREE VIP' to the 'active' people who have proven themselves and i'll never will.. It is disrespect to those who donate for that rank. I'll just copy what he said, As much as admins are the first important thing on server,VIPs are also part of the team.And there is no way to ''hide their inactivity under the pillow''.I follow some of the VIPs on social medias and i can see that they don't really care about anything connected to server due to better games or something like that (since all of our VIPs are younger than 15).But when they come back they are still fancy being an VIP?Think about this one. The few occasions that I have had with the staff have all been very civil and productive. We understand some admins might take their responsibilities lightly, and there are always bad apples, but we should still stand up for what's right. I was here from a long time and i saw many (admins) abusing their powers and judging the others from the way they act or how they react in 'one situation', and they just don't give a damn for what they did before making this mistake.

Here, it just seems to me like the so called management can't even manage this situation properly and it gets to the point where the community is going nowhere and nobody knows how to act correctly according to the server rules anymore. What i have to say on server bugs ? That's the ultimate downfall for this community and the 'scripter' who's 'trying' to fix(why bother when I can remove it) bug/s.

Most of the scripts are downloaded ones what's bad for a server reputation, but even such he is incapable of blending in to one. It's not just about copying the code and past into gamemode and expect that will work. I will not repeat what Gopnik said but this is the truth. Ever since I came to this community, I've helped Rain with all the coding problems he had via Skype but you may not know it, but a lot of it is interesting features on the server was made by me. I was also helping him to fix some bugs 'small ones' because i didn't have a permission to the server files. After all I've done for him he refused to take me as a second scripter to help him with the new features and bug fixes. Yes, with the real-life obligations this was one of the reasons why i left xGS and i was disappointed.

Of course, he as an owner has the right to choose what and how. But I'm not one of those who would after accessing to the server files stole them and leave forever and sell it. It's just a GAME and scripts are not a valuable papers.

How to wake up the server ? Good question and here's the simple answer.

The problem relays in the development, no advertising(At least not in large quantities). There's no point in writing any further, everything has been said by Gopnik.

P.S: I wrote on my cellphone, so there are possible grammatics errors.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:13:15 AM by Spooky »

Offline Rain

• Administrator
  • Server owner
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
I'm now typing this as officially, to correct you spooky (and everyone else who are blaming me for everything) about something:

Yes, I'm the owner of the server. But this doesn't mean that I'm the creator of SAMP and the coding language what it uses, I'm sorry.

Believe it or not, but the coding language what SAMP uses, is broken itself. I have discovered that many many times. It wasnt broken when SAMP first got launched. But over the years, it has started to break. For example, many times when I have written some script 100% correct as on "coding language" (or how to say it..), so it/they hasn't/haven't still worked (properly at least). This is because the coding language itself is broken. Maybe the script(s) would work, if I wrote them on other way, but that is freaking stupid etc that even I write something correctly, so the coding language doesn't "accept" what I have written (even it compiles it/them but it isnt/they are not "valid"). It's like the coding language doesn't like my "face". How stupid it sounds, doesn't it?

It's not my problem anymore if the coding language doesn't "accept" what I write (even I write it/them 100% correctly (as I said upper)), remember that I'm also a human and not a robot. If it doesn't "accept" what I write (again, even if I write it/them 100% correctly), so I won't start to "fight" with it then. Of course, I always try to fix etc if something doesn't work, but I'm not perfect, nobody is.

So, as I said, of course I can try new things to try to fix something for example. But the thing is, that almost every time if I try something and use long time to try to fix something for example, so it still doesn't work. So I get frustrated. And yes, I have tried many things to fix something for example, but it has happened many times, so I'm tired to spend my time to uselessly trying fix something what will not even work.

And if i'm "so called" scripter, so it means that I have downloaded 90% of the server then and received 10%. Really?

And I think there is only 1 or few scripts that are downloaded (and edited very little) and added to the server. Such as the housing system. Who really cares that housing system is downloaded? Okay sure, we can be without housing system then until I make 99% smiliar housing system myself as that downloaded one is. (P.S: some scripts are made for xgs and after that the script makers has released them in public).

And in my opinion, it's even better to download the bottom for scripts and then to make the rest yourself to it instead of even making the bottom yourself while seeing instructions. It saves a lot time. And its same thing to download the bottom and to make it yourself by watching instructions.

So, if someone still thinks that I've created SAMP and the coding language which it uses, so then it's not my problem anymore. It's that person's problem who thinks that. I have talked now. It's enough.

--

About inactive VIPs and admins, I have started to remove ranks from inactive VIPs and admins. Some time ago, I removed 3 VIPs and admins. And I'm tired to again and again talk in public about that they are inactive, it doesn't help anything. And as I typed upper that I have never typed on admin application board about that what happens when you are inactive as admin for X of time, so on that vision, I admit it that it's my fault.

And what "so called" management? So I'm not the owner or what?

And about sharing the server files with someone who can script, look, I don't want to take any risks, no matter what. I'm not saying that someone of the admins would sell them or something, but who knows that if the scripts would somehow end up to wrong hands? (not because of those admins who I have given the scripts) It would be a disaster. What would be more funnier than to get xgs scripts for free? (Again, not talking about any of the admins). And yes, they are just game scripts and not valuable papers, but money is always money, you know.

And about donating, I think that I will talk with the admins about this, because I'm 99% sure that no one will donate for VIP (can't donate for admin rank anymore (at least for now, because of the same reason you typed)). But you know that this isn't free, and I need money. And I even can't move the money from my paypal account to my bank account. So if someone thinks that I typed this so I would use the money for myself, so no. They money goes for the server only.

And lastly about advertising, do I have to tell my personal reasons here that why I don't like social medias such as facebook etc? And what is the difference if owner advertises and if other people advertises it?

Spooky, I don't want to fight with you and I appreciate very much what you did for xgs. But now I really wanted to correct and bring my thoughts.

For me give your body
Alone to death I froze

HDZ

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »
Correction of citation...

What you're saying right now has nothing to do with what are you talking about, generally about that 'I am not the creator of the SAMP'. So anyone who owns a server must say that 'coding lanuage is broken' ? Take a look at other freeroam servers, how they made all those if the SAMP 'coding language' is broken. Or is that just an excuse for ignorance?. The one who knows [b']How to work' in Pawn Language will never say that something is broken, this is an excuse for the ones who knon shit about the coding. If you don't like Pawno switch to any other programming lanugage..

I'll stop here because everything you wrote below is complety crap and stupid. The Problem is you have to do everything yourself and you don't want anyone to help you. You've got a couple of people you trust but still they are on 'LOW' level and people are missing a chance to help you.

Trust me. Nobody will stole the whole project (XGS) you made 4 years ago if you provide it with the trusted player. I'll not lie to you, but my wish was to end SA:MP career at XGS as 'second scripter' since i'm 19 I'll still be actively playing SA:MP around 2 years and i'll end forever and delete everything releated to this game like i did after i left XGS and i'll do it again if ibecome 'something' in xGS but i highly doubt. Ista is also good newbie coder, he could help you with the basic things and share some great ides, just give to this guy more freedom. Life is going on and i want to do something i'll remember for a whole life.

Don't be offended with what i said, this is reallity.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:40:00 PM by Spooky »

Offline Rain

• Administrator
  • Server owner
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »
Sure, you don't need to believe me then. It's totally fine. But I have talked.

And fine, then my brain isnt enough for that. As I said, nobody is perfect.

If pawn doesn't "accept" my scripts that are written 100% correctly but on "wrong way", so I can't force it to "accept" them. Life is hard.

And about accepting help, I will do that when it's possible and when I see that it will be needed.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:07:43 PM by Rain »

For me give your body
Alone to death I froze

HDZ

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
And about accepting help, I will do that when it's possible and when I see that it will be needed.

Ineeded a long time ago.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal